Call for Nominations: Nora Alliance Board of Directors
Our 2017-18 Board of Directors is now being organized. Please read the Nora 2021 Community Plan to understand Nora Alliance’s mission, approach, and goals. The Board directs the Nora Alliance’s work in these areas:
- Agency Engagement – Liaison with key government offices and organizations. including Current & Long Range Planning at Metropolitan Development, Mayor’s Office, Department of Public Works, Indy Parks, City-County Council and General Assembly representatives.
- Placemaking & Programming – Turn spaces into places with vibrant & inviting programs and events to strengthen Nora’s identity and community. Promote new and existing programs, to enrich the community fabric.
- Built Environment – Engage public and private entities so that we may 1) preserve and 2) improve the quality of life in our community and focus on the commercial “Nora Center”. The Nora Alliance has adopted an early engagement and conversation approach to development proposals. Champion catalytic projects, such as Monon Trail microparks, gateways, and pedestrian connectivity.
- Communications – Inform the community in all of the above activities and make our actions known to the city/metro at large through our website blog, community calendar, Facebook, and other communication pathways.
Will you be part of the Nora Alliance’s Board of Directors?
Call for Nominations open until November 19, 2017. We intend to have our slate of candidates finalized by the end of November. New members will join the board at the Annual Business Meeting, Dec 11, 2017.
- View the Bylaws
- Board meetings are scheduled every-other month, with committee and working groups meeting in the interim. Anticipated time commitment is approximately 4-6 hrs/mo. depending on level of involvement with committee participation
- A small donation is requested, though not required, of new board members to assist with seeding the organization’s annual budget and meeting expenses (suggested donation $50-$100)
- Board positions are 3-year terms unless otherwise indicated