What would a nice gateway to Nora look like? With your help, we will work with Keep Indianapolis Beautiful to answer that question.
The Keystone Avenue Bridge at 86th Street, currently under construction, serves as a gateway to the Nora community. However, the bridge, exit ramps, and surrounding land have been neglected for years, collecting trash, invasive plants, and the occasional homeless person camping out in the overgrown wooded areas. With the construction of the Keystone Bridge, we have an opportunity to give this area a facelift.
- to engage the Nora community in proactive planning with the assistance of Keep Indianapolis Beautiful
- to help address the homeless population that are living in this area from time to time
- to meet the community wants and needs with a design based on community input
- to determine what gets put in place in areas that have already been cleared by the construction process
- to determine how to maintain wildlife / greenspace as desired by the community
- to determine a tree maintenance plan so newly planted trees are maintained and thrive after construction crew is gone (these do not otherwise have a maintenance plan, and trees often die after the construction phase)
- to work with Keep Indianapolis Beautiful to help in the planning and design phase, and then in seeking funding to implement the plan
The goal for the July meeting is for a designer to capture what is important to the community at this space so a design can be created. The goal for the August meeting is for the designer to come back with a rough drawing capturing feedback from July and gather final feedback before getting a solid plan to go forth with.
Dates and times for the meetings are still being determined. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns about the project. Stay tuned for more information!